Who is playing
Southern Miss Golden Eagles @ Mississippi State Bulldogs
Current records: Southern Miss 3-7, Mississippi State 4-6
How to watch
- When: Saturday November 18, 2023 at 12 pm ET
- Where: Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field – Starkville, Mississippi
- TELEVISION: ESPN+
- Continue: CBS Sports App
- Fubo (Try it for free) Fubo’s holiday sale just started: for a limited time, new subscribers can save $40 on Fubo’s Pro, Elite, and Premier plans ($20 off the first and second months).
- Ticket cost: $12.12
What to know
The Mississippi State Bulldogs will play at home against the Southern Miss Golden Eagles at 12:00 pm ET on Saturday at Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field. Mississippi State limps into the contest on a three-game losing streak.
Mississippi State started well but failed to capitalize on an early lead against Texas A&M. They took a tough hit against the Aggies on Saturday, falling 51-10.
Southern Miss fell on hard times earlier this season, but after back-to-back wins it looks like its luck might finally be changing. They edged Louisiana 34-31.
Frank Gore Jr. was the offensive standout of the contest, as he rushed for 158 yards and two touchdowns, and also caught a touchdown. Gore Jr. has been hot recently, having recorded 100 or more rushing yards the last three times he has played.
Southern Miss was down three with just zero seconds left when they drove 25 yards for the game-winning score. Gore Jr. scored the touchdown from 3 yards out.
The opposite results left the teams with opposite records: Texas A&M’s victory brought their record to 6-4, while Mississippi State’s loss dropped theirs to 4-6.
Looking ahead, Mississippi State is the favorite in this one, as experts expect to see it win by 18 points. Bettors picking them against the spread have some confidence (to put it mildly), as the team is on a five-game uncovered streak when playing at home.
Mississippi State is a heavy 18-point favorite against Southern Miss, at last report. college football odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started with the Bulldogs as 13.5-point favorites.
The over/under is set at 48 points.
History of the series
Mississippi State has won both games it played against Southern Miss in the last 8 years.
- September 7, 2019: Mississippi State 38 vs. Southern Miss 15
- September 5, 2015: Mississippi State 34 vs. Southern Miss 16
Injury report for Mississippi State
- Geor’quarius Spivey: Out of season (not injury related)
- Will Rogers: probable (Arm)
- Jo’Quavious Marks: questionable (undisclosed)
- Seydou Traoré: out (Transfer Portal)
- Ja’Kobi Albert: Out of season (Knee)
- Kalvin Dinkins: out (undisclosed)
- Trevion Williams: Out of season (undisclosed)
Southern Miss injury report
- Armondous Cooley: Out of season (Achilles)
- Billy Wiles: questionable (Hand)
- Elijah Sabbatini: Out of season (Knee)
- Zach Wilcke: Out (Staff)