half time report
The last time the Rockets and Clippers met, the game was decided by 21 points, but it sure doesn’t look like the final score is going to be so lopsided this time. After two quarters, neither team has the game in the bag, but the Rockets lead the Clippers 50-48.
The Rockets entered the contest having won five straight and are just two quarters away from another. Will it be six or will the Clippers step up and blow it? We will know soon.
1st quarter report
Luck may be changing for the Clippers after losing six in a row. They have built a quick 29-23 lead against the Rockets.
If the Clippers keep playing like this, they will increase their record to 3-7 in no time. On the other hand, the Rockets will have to settle for a 6-3 record unless things turn around.
Who is playing
Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Clippers
Current records: Houston 6-3, Los Angeles 3-7
How to watch
- When: Friday, November 17, 2023 at 10:30 pm ET
- Where: Crypto.com Arena – Los Angeles, California
- TELEVISION: Bally SoCal Sports
- Online transmission: fuboTV (Try it for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Continue: CBS Sports App
What to know
The Rockets have enjoyed a seven-game homestand, but will soon have to dust off their road jerseys. They will face the Los Angeles Clippers at 10:30 pm ET on Friday at the Crypto.com Arena after having a few days off. The Clippers suffered a loss in their last matchup and will look to turn around the Rockets, who are coming off a victory.
Last Sunday, Houston had enough and beat Denver 107-104. That’s two games in a row that the Rockets have won by exactly three points.
Meanwhile, the Clippers’ recent slump got a little tougher Tuesday after their sixth straight loss. They fell just short of Denver by a score of 111-108. The Clippers have struggled against the Nuggets recently, as their game on Tuesday was their seventh straight loss.
Despite the loss, the Clippers got a solid performance from Paul George, who scored 35 points to go along with 7 rebounds and 3 steals.
Houston’s victory raised its record to 6-3. As for Los Angeles, they dropped their record to 3-7 with that loss, which was their sixth straight on the road.
The Rockets may still be hurting after the devastating 121-100 loss they suffered to the Clippers in their previous matchup in January. Can the Rockets avenge their loss or is history doomed to repeat itself? We will know very soon.
History of the series
Los Angeles has won 9 of its last 10 games against Houston.
- January 15, 2023: Los Angeles 121 vs. Houston 100
- November 14, 2022: Los Angeles 122 vs. Houston 106
- November 2, 2022 – Los Angeles 109 vs. Houston 101
- October 31, 2022: Los Angeles 95 vs. Houston 93
- March 1, 2022 – Los Angeles 113 vs. Houston 100
- February 27, 2022 – Los Angeles 99 vs. Houston 98
- February 17, 2022 – Los Angeles 142 vs. Houston 111
- May 14, 2021: Houston 122 vs. Los Angeles 115
- April 23, 2021 – Los Angeles 109 vs. Houston 104
- April 9, 2021 – Los Angeles 126 vs. Houston 109