Just in time for the holiday season, the full moon in Gemini ushers in good vibes for connecting with family and friends. The buzzing social-butterfly energy of the third zodiac will bring you out from under the covers of the Scorpio new moon and inspire spontaneity and curiosity within. Have fun with it and dive deep into the excited energy of this full moon in the sign of Gemini.
Working with the full moon can sometimes have a negative connotation since it’s a time to shed what no longer serves you. But it is in the times of purging that a renewed sense of self is born. So while you survey what needs to go, you can also create this amazing clean slate for new things to grow. Think of the full moon as your harvest, and the new moon as a field of healthy soil waiting for new seeds to be planted.
Communication is key during the Gemini full moon. Not only how we communicate with ourselves, but the patterns of communication we have with others. Do you hold back what you want to express? Are you too forthright and candid with your words and actions? How do you speak to yourself? Oftentimes we take stock of how we communicate externally but rarely check our inner dialog with ourselves. This full moon is a reminder to be gentle with yourself. Avoid using violent words with yourself. When you take care of how you communicate with the person closest to you — your own self — it will reflect in your interactions with others.
When Is the Full Moon in Gemini?
The full moon in Gemini peaks on Nov. 27 at 4:16 a.m. ET. Our beautiful and mysterious lunar companion will likely be shining bright in the night sky the evening before its peak and after.
What Does the 2023 Full Moon in Gemini Mean?
The easy, breezy, go-with-the-flow vibe of Gemini makes almost anything seem possible under the full moon. This air sign is full of spontaneous energy and can ignite some deep, thought-provoking conversations with others and even intense self-analysis. It is a time to be curious and feed the appetite of valuing different perspectives and embracing new knowledge.
Gemini is represented by the twins, which exist in all of us. This internal duality creates our uniqueness in the world and is something to be celebrated, but it can often be viewed as a conundrum when we’re off balance. It is a time to come face-to-face with yourself and allow an internal dialog to occur that brings truth to the surface, which can liberate us from harmful assumptions about ourselves and other people.
The full moon in Gemini is also known as the beaver moon because it is a time of year when beaver traps are set to stock up on food for the winter. Ask yourself: What needs to be cleared out or communicated in order to make room for new information? How do we utilize the tantalizing, insatiable curiosity of Gemini to our benefit?
This airy sign can get caught up in so many ideas and concepts that it floods the mind, leaving you unable to securely believe in anything. So ease into the Gemini-full-moon energy and honor the flow of ideas and concepts that may come with it while staying focused on what needs to go. After all, Gemini is ruled by Mercury, the planet of communication, intellect, memory, and transportation.
During this full moon, take time to sit and breathe. Ease your nerves, loosen up those shoulders, and raise your arms overhead, exhaling as you bring them back down. Gemini rules these areas of our body, as well as the lungs. So honor the breath and all that can be released when we deeply inhale and exhale.
What Is the Spiritual-Cleansing Prayer to Say For November’s Full Moon in Gemini?
Great Spirit, I have a lot to say but don’t always choose my words correctly. Guide me in releasing miscommunication so that I can clearly express myself when needed. Under the full moon in Gemini, I want to let go of all anxiety around speaking my truth and setting healthy boundaries for myself. I pray that I am able to grow through this transformation in my life so I may communicate sincerely with myself and others. Thank you, thank you, thank you. So be it.
What Tarot Card Goes Well With the Full Moon in Gemini?
The Lovers – This tarot card about healthy unions coincides with Gemini’s curiosity to understand all sides and embrace different perspectives to create close bonds.
What Chakra Goes Well With the Full Moon in Gemini?
Throat Chakra – The fifth chakra is our energy center for communication and coincides with the mercurial energy of Gemini.
Spiritual-Cleansing Limpia Recipe For the Full Moon in Gemini
1. Let’s begin by spiritually cleansing the space with sage and palo santo smoke. Start with burning sage and watching as the smoke fills your space. Open up the windows and allow the flow of energy to dance around your space before it exits, carrying any negativity and stagnant energy away. Follow that with palo santo, and set your intention as you do so.
2. Next, create a full-moon-in-Gemini altar by finding a nice spot to place your candle, a vase with flowers, and the crystals you choose to use. Save some of the flowers for your limpia. You can light the candle after saying a prayer or simply speak your intentions out loud.
3. As your altar activates the Gemini-full-moon energy in your space, you can begin preparing your limpia by placing a pot of water on the stovetop and bringing it to a gentle boil.
4. Add a few handfuls of herbs to the water and lower it to a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. As your herbs simmer, play music, dance, sing, pray, and uplift the energy in your space. Remember, Gemini loves to socialize and laugh, so align yourself with that vibe and let go.
5. Remove the pot from the heat and drain it. Set the bowl of herb-infused water aside and add 1/2 cup of sea salt, mixing it in until it fully dissolves.
6. Allow the water to cool to a temperature you like and add a few splashes of Florida Water and several drops of essential oils. Mix in with your hands and give thanks for the lessons being ushered in under this full moon.
7. Cover the top of the sacred ritual water with flower petals.
8. Adorn yourself with clothing that makes you feel luxurious, like a silk robe or nothing at all.
9. Carry your limpia to your shower. When you are ready, gently pour it over your body.
10. As the water flows down your body, imagine it washing away everything you need to shed, leaving a shiny, clean slate for newness behind.
11. Exit your shower feeling refreshed and renewed, and journal about anything that comes up. Remember to communicate with yourself in a loving and encouraging tone, and send those good vibes out to the world around you, too.